Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Level 1 JHB 2023
20 seats left
20 seats left
This is a three day CPD workshop for: Clinical Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Counselling Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Registered Counsellors
Animal Assisted Psychotherapies are gaining popularity as there is a global shift towards alternative forms of mental health wellness. Yet, Animal Assisted Therapy, Especially Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) remains poorly understood among professionals, limited the access of the mental health care user to this valuable form of psychotherapy. Recent research is showing EAP to be a systematic, scientific, and highly efficacious form of therapy. The workshop aims to provide a theoretical framework to understanding EAP from an interactional approach as well as experiential learning of the technique itself. Completion of the Interactional Pattern Analysis will be a pre-requisite for this course.
Through this course, we aim to facilitate trainees to
- Gain a thorough theoretical understanding of EAP
- Learn about horse behaviour with regards to EAP
- Be trained in safety and ethics in EAP
- Come to understand how EAP links with the Interactional Pattern Analysis
- Learn how to structure and facilitate an EAP session
- Gained exposure to a 6-week therapeutic program through theoretical discussions and experiential exercises
There are no reviews yet.